July 28, 2008
- Friday afternoon, I took Bentley for his 1st vet visit! He's ok, mild ear infection. I learned all these tips, tricks, and things about puppies. Since I am admittedly clueless when it comes to this puppy madness. And, I am excited for August when we enroll Bentley into "Puppy Kindergarten." Yes, that's right folks. Here's a few things I learned at the vet:
1. They have insurance you can buy for your pet! Seriously, they do! Who knew? Did you know this?
2. They have a class called, "Puppy Kindergarten" and we are going!
3. There's a lot more patience that goes into having a puppy!
- Friday night, my brother and his girlfriend came up to visit us and stay for the weekend. It was such a blast hanging out with them.
- Saturday, I spent a lazy day at home with Bentley while Hubby worked at the hotel that morning. I hung patio lights, and read my book, and cleaned. Saturday afternoon we hooked up at the MOA to visit with our friends who were visiting from Oklahoma. We had dinner with my brother and his girlfriend, before heading off to our youth night. Saturday was jam packed with stuff.
-Sunday, we had an amazing morning at church. Ate lunch together at the house, and chilled. Before saying good bye to my brother & Jess. I'm so glad they came to stay. It's been so cool to see my brother mature in the last year and a half. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend Jess has something to do with it too. He'll be 20 in September, and I can't even believe it. He leaves in October for basic training for the Air force. I'm so proud!
- Sunday night, we headed over to the hotel to see all our friends from Ok. I love them all, they make me want to move there. They are all such a huge part of my Hubby's life, it's always a blessing to be around them, they are such awesome friends! And I got to hear some great stories about my Hubby! Thank you Kevin & Ann!
- Sunday night after seeing friends it was back home to get Bentley. More puppy training to be had!
I'm pooped this morning! It's been a long weekend. We're gearing up for another great week. Wednesday we have the Youth Wii Tournament, and this weekend we'll be headed to Wisconsin to visit friends! I am so excited to see my BFF! Her baby girl turns 1 and we're going to celebrate!
More to come! Toodles!
July 25, 2008
It brings me back to days in high school our Senior year going to college visits together, and planning our futures. Once upon a time we were going to attend the University of Iowa and be roommates, and having the same major. In the end we both ended up following our dreams and going to out of state colleges. And life is so different I think than we thought it would be when we were eighteen.
Today, I'm so happy to see her living her dream. As I watched her clips online this morning I couldn't help but think she's doing what she set out to do. I'm so proud, she's a wonderful friend and I am glad to see her doing well.
Meghan, if you read this: I think you're amazing! Come back to Iowa soon and visit, better get come to Minnesota and see me!
To view some of Meghan's clips click on the links below:
Tyson food donation
Cellphone fact or fiction
July 24, 2008
This is my new favorite link! http://www.savingdinner.com/ I never know what's for dinner, it's a saga every night. I love to cook, but I hate the pressure I feel sometimes. I love this site because there's tons of free stuff, menu planners, grocery lists for specific dinners and more.
My newest favorite is the dinner options to make that you can freeze. What seriously could be easier than making something and having it ready when you want it? I'm hooked. Click on the link above and get hooked too!
I love the blues used in this room.
The color & moldings are perfect! This is my vision!
I am also entertaining the idea of stripes on one wall, with two different shades of blue. What do you think?
I love this, so fresh, clean and calming. I also love the molding around the windows. I think I'll add this too.
July 23, 2008
Strike Gold! This is by far the best, doesn't streak, goes on even. And gives the best instant results. It's about $15. If you get the Bath & Body while they are having their summer sales you can score it for about $5. I stocked up.
Jergens Natural Glow. This takes a little longer to see results, but I still love it. And at $6 a bottle it's cheap. And, if you got to their website you can print off a coupon and get even more savings. How can you beat that?!
Mark's Instant Vacation Sunless Tanner. They have a formula for face & body. It works great, no streaks, and you can see where you put it on. It's tinted for this factor. Regularly $8 but on sale now for $4.99. I love it. You have to order it, so it takes a little longer, but well worth the wait. Get it here!
July 22, 2008
July 21, 2008
July 18, 2008
Happy Reading! Have a blessed day!
Here's a couple things running through my mind today:
- I'd rather be at home with Bentley.
- I'd rather be enjoying the sun, and getting some sort of tan before summer is over.
- I need to seriously re plant some flowers, since all my others died.
- I am looking forward to having my brother come up and stay with us next weekend.
- I am missing my family terribly.
- I am looking forward to church on Sunday, seems like forever since I've been there.
- I miss those days in college when you worked part time in the summer, and woke up late!
- Being an adult is so over rated!
- I wish I had time to read more.
- Will there still be sun to enjoy when I leave work?!!?!
So I am rambling and avoiding mostly.... ahhh... back at it!
July 17, 2008
July 15, 2008
Sunday, we packed up to head home. But, not before getting my anniversary gift from Orion. What you might ask? Well, I'll tell you! A PUPPY!!! Yes, that's right. I was so excited. I'd been asking, wanting and desiring a puppy for a while. Orion just kept saying that it wasn't the right time, and he wanted to wait, etc. He's good..totally had me fooled and feeling like he didn't want one.
July 10, 2008
July 9, 2008
10 Ways to Cut Monthly Bills
13 Tips from Financial Planners
Before I got married I had some debt, (a lot, actually) It was my goal to pay it all off before we got married, I didn't want to bring any debt into our marriage that was ultimately a result of my irresponsibility, I didn't want that in my new life with my husband. I set some real goals, and made a plan to get all my debt paid off. It took time, planning, and a lot of hard work that wasn't easy. But in the end, I paid it all of 4 months before we got married.
More and more I am seeing young people today throw their money away, or make silly decisions with their money because of lack of education on the subject. Debt at any age is serious, but when you are a young twenty something graduating from college is enough debt to carry. You shouldn't make it any worse by making silly decision that will effect you and your credit for years to come.
I learned this lesson the hard way, and I am grateful for it. Even though it wasn't fun at all, I learned a lot about myself, my spending habits, and the ways to correct it all. I am no expert by any means, I just know what I've been through and how I did it. And I know now that with lots of hard work and determination everyone can have the life they have dreamed of without going into dept. I don't mean to rant, but I really believe that if more and more people cared and were educated more about money matters we would see less debt in America.
Here's some tips that I learned:
- figure out how much you make, and then how much all your bills are.
- make a budget.
- figure out what items in your life you can live with out/or cut down (eating out, shopping trips, lower your monthly cell plan, etc.)
- make a list of credit card debt, if any. pay the lowest one off first, and then keep working from there till they are all payed off.
- open a savings account. If you don't have one already. Even if you just save $20 every pay check it will add up to a lot over time.
8 Simple Ways to get out of Credit Card Debt
Money Moves for 2008
July 8, 2008
finished, with shelves.
Eventually we want to get a chair and use this space as our prayer room too. It's nice to finally have a place where you can go away from the t.v. and do something else. I payed bills there yesterday and it was so nice to have everything in one place, and just be in there and know that this space was reserved for those things! BIG thank yous to my Hubby for taking on this project, he's so good to me!