As were on the last day of 2009 and I'm starting to think about the creative projects I want to tackle for my Be Creative Challenge in 2010. Here's a little look back at one of my fave DIY projects we completed right away in our first home:
Quick change for an Old Chandelier:
Here's the picture of the before of our dining area with the original chandelier we worked with in our first home. Glass hurricanes over the bulbs that has flowers on them. And way to bright of lights going on here.We took off the glass hurricanes and replaced them with shades from Ikea that are about $3-5/shade depending on size. These particular ones were $3 a pop! And we changed out the bulbs to energy saving ones.
A pretty simple and easy fix to dress up the old fixture when you don't have a ton of money right away to replace the fixtures in your home.