Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 23, 2010

35 Weeks; 5 weeks to go!



I can't believe we're already here, 35 weeks has come and gone by so fast. Orion and I were just saying the other day how fast this pregnancy has gone by. Even though it's been 8 months it hasn't seemed very long, of coarse we've had a few things to keep us busy (moving across the country, adjusting to life in AZ, a new church, new youth group) just to name a few. It has been an amazing 8 almost 9 months of planning for Baby Worley to make her arrival into the world.

This week has been especially exciting, Sunday I had my baby shower here in Arizona with some great ladies from my church. They really blessed Orion and I with some lovely gifts, we're very thankful for everyone who attended.

Also, Sunday night I got the best news of the week from my bestie from college. My friend Sara, let me know that she's planning on coming to visit me in Arizona the weekend before Ava is scheduled to arrive. I'm so excited, pinch me seriously! I can. not. wait!

That means all in the month of March I'll have my two best friends here, my Sister and my Mom to visit us. It sounds like a lot but I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm so blessed to have so many people want to be there for Orion and I during this time.

I'm actually hoping that she'll come a week early, so we'll see what happens.

Monday, I had a doctor's appointment. Since, we're going now weekly it's really exciting to see the progress and get to look forward to possible changes. This week, the baby still hasn't dropped and I'm not dilated any but my Doc is sure that the baby will drop in the next week or so. Which I am so looking forward to having her out of my rib cage and some breathing room.

The Doctor told me that she's been very pleased with my blood pressure & weight gain this entire pregnancy. Which was really good to hear, because I've tried really hard not to gain abnormal amounts of weight and eat a good diet. I felt like I'd conquered the world when she said that. I've gained a total of 17 pounds to date.

Some stats about Baby Worley: [from our Doctors visit]
Heart rate: 153
Weight: 5 lbs.
The doctor doesn't think she'll be over 7 pounds at delivery.

This week, I've been making lists and trying to get everything ready that we still need before the baby comes. One of those things was a diaper bag, I was able to pick one up with some gift cards and choose this little gem:
Smart. Sleek. Black, just what I wanted. I brought it home the other night and quickly began to fill it up with things we needed to have in there. I've found all these great interactive check lists on Parents.com that have helped me organize my thoughts and get a handle on what we need and don't need. I recommend them to any first timer!

Next, on my list of things to do pack a hospital bag for me and Orion. Anyone have anything suggestions on stuff that are must haves, or stuff you wish you'd had with you? Let me know!

How far along? 35 weeks/ 8 months/ 3rd trimester

Total weight gain/loss: 17 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes daily, although I've been spending some days in comfy sweats when I know I'm not going anywhere or doing anything special.

Stretch marks? Yes, unsightly red ones on my lower stomach.

Sleep: None. I've been taking some naps during the day since neither my back or ribs seem to hurt during the day hours, only at night.

Best moment this week: Finding out that Sara is coming to visit! Still very excited!

Movement: Lots and Lots!

Cravings: Sweets, still! Glad this hasn't been the case my whole pregnancy and looking forward to it stopping!

Gender: Baby girl.

Labor Signs: Some cramping happening down there, kinda hurts!

Belly Button in or out? Starting to make its way out.

What I miss: Sleep and this is so random but I've been having cravings for shellfish in any form shrimp, lobster. So I've decided my first meal should be at Red Lobster after I have this baby.

What I am looking forward to: Having friends & family visit next month.

Weekly Wisdom: "Just when you think you can't stand being pregnant any longer is when she'll come."- My Sister. Thanks Sis, I'm looking forward to that!

Milestones: Packing the diaper bag!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...