Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 16, 2010

{DIY} Custom Changing Pad Cover

This week I worked on a changing pad cover for the nursery, a simple DIY project! It only took me few minutes for this project and I'm pleased with the results. We got this changing pad with our changing station. At first I wanted to buy the fancy contoured ones and slip covers, but I'd rather spend the money on other things for the nursery than this. So I got to thinking, I'll just make a cover for it and be able to use what came with.

They didn't have any more reams of the fabric I used for the crib skirt & curtains so I went with a soft baby pink flannel fabric.

I measured the changing pad, and converted it to yards. And had fabric cut, as always allowing a little extra since you'll be sewing it [or bonding it] in my case! I ironed the fabric after washing it, and set my measurements. I used Heat bond again, for this project. For this thicker fabric [flannel] hotter heat is needed, and instead of just 6 seconds of heat double that to make sure the adhesive sticks.
Since, I wanted to be able to take it off and wash it when needed I didn't bond all 3 sides. I instead added Velcro to one side to make sure I could pull it off and slip it back on. I used some left over self sticking Velcro and added it to the final side.
Here's the awesome after: I loved the way it turned out. It's soft and looks nice on the changing station. We're one step closer to finishing baby girl's nursery!
BC Challenge

Week #7

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...