Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 25, 2010

Some Thoughts on Motherhood

Motherhood + Hollywood= Mommywood

Mommywood, is that cross between the glamorous things we Moms do (like getting dressed up for that hot date with our Husband, since we haven't been in weeks) and the daily things we do for our kids (like clean spit up off our shirts and take kids to school.) It's that idea that we can still be women and love/do all the things we did before kids even now that we have them. It may not always be perfect or glamorous, it's Mommywood. 

I've officially been a Mom for four weeks now, the time has flown by so fast. I hate that feeling, but it's true. I'm trying to treasure and take in each moment (even those 2 am feedings) because I know that they won't last forever and soon we'll be on to the next phase or milestone. 

I knew that our lives would for sure change, I expected the schedule to be demanding, but I didn't know just how much. I expected the no sleep, but I've been pleasantly surprised as to how much I can get done on little to no sleep at all, and still make it through the day. 

I had no idea how much instinct would actually kick in, it feels like I've been doing this forever. It feels like the most natural thing I've ever done in my life. 

I've realized that breast feeding isn't as hard or scary as I once thought. 

I'm getting pretty good at grabbing things with one hand, it's amazing how much stuff you can carry with a baby in one hand and a bunch of stuff in the other. 

It's amazing to me how much I love Ava and how I'm so in awe of everything she does. 

I knew my Husband would be a great Daddy, but it's been so amazing to see him in action. He's soooo protective already, wants to spoil her already, and loves her so much. I see a whole new side of him and it's endearing and awesome. 

I'm a neat freak, everything has a place in my house and I can't stand clutter. But, it's amazing how baby things just take over your house and I don't really care at all. 

I never knew just how much help I would need right after having a baby, and I'm so thankful someone else did and that I had family volunteer their time to make meals, do our laundry, clean for us and just be there for me ask lots and lots of questions those first two weeks. 

I have a whole new appreciation for my Mother and my friends who are Mothers. It's a whole new understanding. 

I'm so thankful to be on this journey with Ava. I love our little family. 

****
Some of my favorite things that have gotten me through these last few weeks and made a world of difference: this has been a lifesaver for when I need to shower or just get some stuff done around the house. If your nursing, I highly suggest one of these and one of these. These are my favorite pacifiers. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...