Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 6, 2012

A Coffee Date

Photobucket

Hello, friends! Good morning. Or maybe afternoon depending on what time zone you're reading this in. 

It's 9:30 am here in Phoenix, and I've been up since 6 am. By 6:30 I was lying on the couch with Ava watching the Barbie movie trying my hardest to not fall asleep. Since we're having coffee together this morning friends, I'm just going to go ahead and tell you that I am still in my p.j.s, and that I wish that cup there had iced coffee in it and not water. But, since I'm off caffeine for this pregnancy water will have to do.

Currently we're listening to Disney Radio on Pandora while Ava sits next to me and colors. I'm trying to gather my thoughts this morning. This week I had two days off, and it was glorious to only work two days this week, and now be home with my girl. I love how fast this week went by, but at the same time it reminds me that time is moving faster than I would like. 

If we were having coffee together, I'm sure you'd remind me to take a breath. Right? 

If we were having coffee together today, I would tell you that recently I've been dealing with a lot of feelings about being scared. Mostly regarding my relationships. 

Scared that I haven't found that close knit group of friends like I used to have. 

Scared that after three years of living here that I never will.

Scared that I miss my family more than anyone (except my husband) knows, and how that will effect life as I know it.

I don't want a lot of friends, but I crave a close group. A few girlfriends that I can hang out with. See our kids play together, and enjoy life together. For some reason everyone is so spread out, doing their own thing and I wonder if they crave the same thing I do?

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you all that, and then I would ask you to pray for me. Because friends I know prayer works, I know it heals and gives you peace and perspective when you need it most. 

Then I would say friend, what's on your heart today? And since we're having coffee together you have to talk and share with me. 

Let's start a discussion today. Leave me your thoughts in the comments below. Or if you prefer to email me you can. 

I'm linking up today with Alissa. She has a weekly coffee date, it's so honest and vulnerable and real. I love that. I crave that. Join us today here. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...