Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 11, 2012

Some thoughts on notes and Encouragement

The last few weeks I've been doing a lot of reflecting during my times in prayer with the Lord, taking a look at myself and pondering how I can be better.

I realized something about myself that I've really become very lax on. Something that at one time was always on my mind and somehow unintentionally I've let go.

I realized I don't pray for my friends nearly enough as I should.

Sure, I try to encourage them, call, text, and email them as much as I can. But more than anything I think as much as I want my friends to think about me I want them to be praying for me. For the things I tell them I need prayer for but also for maybe the things they don't know.

Most of my friends do not live near me, so unfortunately we don't get to meet regularly, because of this I feel even more convicted to pray for them. To pray for the things I know going on in their lives, but more importantly to pray for the things that I don't know, for the things they don't know yet. The things unseen, and the things God has yet to do, but will in their lives. 


Photobucket

Along with this I wanted to do something practical, something to encourage them daily. I love a good little hand written note in the mail. And since I firmly believe that in order to have good friendships you have to be a good friend and exemplify those qualities yourself that you want in a friend. 

I've started weekly taking a small group of friends (3-5) and writing them a little note of encouragement on Sunday nights. And mailing them Monday morning, so that they get this little note at some point during the week. The next week, I'll pick a different group and send them a note. And so on, and so on. You get the idea. Continually rotating who gets a note each week. I hope it gives them a little happiness as they open their mail box, and gives them encouragement to know someone is thinking about them and praying for them. 

Photobucket

So here's my encouragement for you today; how can you show someone you love, a friend how much you care about them? How can you encourage them today? 

In my opinion the best things are small, but they are intentional and that's what matters most. 

*******
I like to get my note cards in the dollar bins at Target, Michael's and the Dollar Store. They always have some pretty note cards, stickers and stamps to make a note extra special. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...