Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 31, 2012

What Reading Fashion Blogs Has Taught Me

I don't consider myself fashionable my any means. I consider my style classic, basic and simple. Not that that is bad by any means. But, then I see magazines and fashion blogs and I love what the ladies are wearing but never think that I can pull that off too. 

You know what I mean? I've started reading a few fashion blogs written my real women. Women who are not models, have real budgets, and who make fashion a little easier to understand. 


So here's what I've learned from some of my favorite fashion blogs:


1. Take risks. Don't make yourself feel uncomfortable with what you're wearing but try different things that you wouldn't normally and see if it works for you. There's so many times I'll see something I love, but just automatically think it won't work on me and so I don't even try it one. Case in point; maxi skirts. I'm short, 5'2'' to be exact and the idea of maxi skirt always intimidated be because of my height. Turns out I really love them, and I'm not to short to wear them. 



2. Layers. Layering shirts under jackets. Or adding a scarf can really make an outfit. Give it a try.


3. Accessorize. Now, this might go with out saying but I'm the type of girl I love accessories but I'm also the type of girl who matches every accessory. Looking and reading fashion blogs has taught me that your earrings don't need to match everything, and you don't have to buy the matching set. Have fun trying things together that you wouldn't normally try, you'll be surprised. Belts, Scarves, Jewelry they are all your friend. Accessories help make the outfit more interesting. 


4. You don't have to buy the whole outfit at one store. I'm so guilty of this, probably because it's just easier than going to a bunch of stores to just buy the whole outfit at the one store. But really what's the fun and interest in that? There isn't when you're head to toe in Old Navy. Mix prints, go to different stores to really make the outfit pop and interesting. 


Some of my fave fashion blogs written by real women:

I hope in the next few weeks to take a risk and show you some of my fashion lessons that I've learned here on the blog. I'm going to get up the courage and take a pic of myself and show you how I'm putting these into practice! 

Stay tuned! What are some of your fashion tips or advice? What have you learned about fashion this year? Tell me in the comments below. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...