Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 20, 2012

you win some, you lose some.

I've been noticing over the last couple weeks that I will gain a blog follower, and then a couple days later lose one. Every time it happens I take it so personal. I sorta don't know what to think of it or quite what to make of it.

I rack my brain trying to figure out why. I kinda get update for a few hours over it. And then, I get a tweet, and email or a sweet comment from a reader I didn't even know. Or from someone who I didn't think reads my blog and tells me how it really meant something to them on the day they read it.

Source: twitter.com via Andrea on Pinterest


That right there makes up for the up and down numbers in my Google Friend Connect. The truth is I don't think you'd find a blogger out there that doesn't care just a little bit about who's reading. Or how many people read their blog. Isn't that one of the reasons we write anyway? So that people will read it?!

Bloggers want you to look at their projects, read their posts, comment and share the love. I think we all want that as bloggers.

Some people will try to tell you that numbers don't matter. But, the reality is that sometimes numbers do matter. Just like they matter sometimes in ministry or in business. But the truth is they aren't ALL that matters.



Your numbers, my numbers they won't be the end all in my blogging. Want another confession? Sometimes I drop blogs that I've been reading for a while too. Simply for no other reason than they just aren't meeting me where I'm at, and so I stop reading.

As I was thinking about this I had to let these people (the ones who drop my blog) off the hook a bit, as they are probably not reading anymore for much the same reason I stop reading some blogs.

And then I realized matters to me more than anything else is that the people who are reading and following are getting something from these words that are filling up a empty page in cyber space. 

That they are connecting. 


Connecting with me. With others. 


And learning something maybe about themselves or others. 

Source: emilyley.com via Andrea on Pinterest


It's not all about the numbers. I realize that not everyone is going to like me, or my style. Not everyone is going to like that I'm not a crafty blogger all the time, or that I don't share what other people do.

But I have to believe that those who are reading are here for a reason. Somewhere out there is a person who visited this blog one day and something touched their heart and ministered to them.

And that is winning some, my friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...