Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 9, 2010

Yummy Steak Tacos

I found this really delicious sounding marinade for steaks a few months back in Real Simple magazine and I've been dying to try it out ever since. I decided that a couple nights ago would be a good time to try this out. 

It turned out really delicious, I felt like I was eating at Chipotle in my own home! 

So naturally, I decided I needed to share this with all of you. 

You could probably use this on any meat, but I chose to use it on steak and make steak tacos from the grilled steak. 

Garlic, Lime & Cilantro Easy Marinade:
4 whole limes
4 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro

Here's what you do for the marinade:
-squeeze all the juice from 4 limes into a small bowl. 
- grate over a micro plane 4 cloves of garlic.
- finely chop 1 bunch of cilantro, use half for the marinade and the rest for garnish. 

Mix all the ingredients together and pour over meat in a plastic Ziploc bag or any container. 

Marinade together for at least an hour. 

I then grilled my steaks, and cut into super thin strips for my tacos. 

Using corn tortillas is the only way to go, in my opinion. 

I topped with lettuce, salsa, mozzarella cheese and the left over cilantro!

Here they are in all their yummy goodness:
This may become my new family favorite!! The Hubby liked it too! I always love when we try new things and they end up being such a big hit! 

Here's to taking risks in the kitchen and having it turn out delish!!! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...