Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 2, 2011

12 in 12: Book #1

Photobucket

The first book I decided to read for my new challenge this year is Pathway to Purpose by Katie Brazelton. I was recommended this book by a friend. The premise of the book is to figure our your God given purpose through a series of "stepping stones" as she calls them. She talks about how God wants to use every part of you but before he can use every part he must heal every part, and we have to learn to surrender to him.

After reading the first few chapters I quickly realized that this book wasn't totally hitting me where I was at in life, not because I didn't need to learn, or there weren't really great ideas and principles in the book. But, only because I feel like most of it I'd already read and heard in this book. She takes a little bit of a different approach specifically for women, which I liked.

But as I started to read more I realized that for me this would be a great book and tool to use for a small group with women, or for a book club. I read the rest of this book with that intention and perspective in mind.

I do, think this is a good book. I do think that any woman could probably benefit from it in some way. This would be a great book for someone who has just come out of a difficult phase of life, and is searching for some healing and understanding. A great book for a twenty something looking for her purpose and how to connect God to it.

Anyone else read this book? What are your thoughts?

Next up, I'm going to finish reading Micheal J. Fox's book that I started on vacation and never finished. I hate not finishing books so it's up next on my list for the month of February.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...