Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 25, 2011

HTML What?

Believe it or not I took a website design class when I was still in high school, it was my first time working with HTML codes and I got to build my own website. A lot of people took that class because it was taught by a really easy teacher, who really didn't care what we did as long as we showed up for class. I on the other hand being really type A and really interested in creative/design stuff really took the class seriously and made a cool website for a high school girl. 

That was my first intro to HTML codes, which can be really confusing at first until you get the hang of it. I really didn't think much about it until I started blogging a few years back, now I get to work with them daily and figure them out. 

I've been thinking for a while now about doing a re design for my photography website/blog. I had someone else design for Worley House and I thought with my photography site I could try to see if I could do it on my own. 

I started messing around with some stuff, and wanted to try some small stuff first. First I tried my hand at designing a blog button. If you don't know what that is basically it's a picture link that others can post to their blogs/sites that link back to yours. In my opinion every blogger should have a blog button. 

So off I went playing around with some stuff and decided to mess with Mrs. B's blog. I took a picture copy of her header on her blog and came up with this:














Go ahead, grab the button code you know you want too!!

It took a few times to get the kinks worked out and working and looking good. For my first try/mess around with I think it turned out pretty great! 

My own blog button I designed the house logo and my blog designer came up with the rest. It's really fun for me to continue to find new ways to challenge myself and be creative at the same time. So, I sent it off to Mrs. B hoping that she wouldn't think I was a complete nerd. She's didn't, and even wanted to use it on her blog! How fun! 

Now, it's time to start really working on that photography site re-do! Stay tuned!



Interested in your own blog button? Email me at andreaworley@live.com and we'll chat. I'll create your own button for $5 a button. 

*********
ps- have you seen my Sponsor for Baboosh?
Here's some lovely coupons if you want to check them out:
10% off of your entire order! Code: LETSSAVE
$5 off of any Baboosh Body Product Code: BBSHRINK
$5 off of any Baboosh Body Product Code: BBODYVIP
$5 off of any Baboosh Body Product Code: BBSWEATS
$5 off of any Tauts Product Code: BBTUMMY5
Free shipping on $70+ Code FSD70

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...