Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 19, 2011

Festive Holiday Table Decorations with #ElmersHoliday & #GluenGlitter

This past Saturday night was the ladies Holiday Tea at my church. I signed up to host a table this year, which meant that I would be in charge of decorating the table, and serving my guests once they were there.

I love entertaining, to me it's one of the sincerest ways you can show love and appreciation to people. Serving them, inviting them in your home or hosting something like this. I wanted to add some special touches to my table to make it extra special for my guests. So, I started dreaming up some ideas of what I could do.

Then, I headed to Wal-Mart with the help of Elmer's & some X-ACTO products I was well on my way to creating something special for my guests.

Photobucket
Wal-Mart has the complete line of Elmer's & X-ACTO brands, one stop shopping is definitely a plus!

Photobucket
Here's what you'll need for this project:
Elmers Craft Bond Glue Spots
X-ACTO Craft Knife
X-ACTO Craft Mat
X-ACTO Zero Centering Ruler
X-ACTO Precision Sissors
X-ACTO Basic Templates

For a while now I've also been saving the empty glass bottles of Starbucks fraps, I knew these bottles would be perfect for parties and gatherings.

You'll also need some scrap booking paper (any color) to wrap your bottles with.

Photobucket

First measure out your paper so that you have enough to cover the number of bottles you have. I had 6, so I measured accordingly. Then I cut out my measured strips of paper.

Next, using the glue spots I covered my bottles. I ended up adding glue spots as I went along and covered the bottles. These glue spots work really great, they are heavy duty and really keep things in place especially since I used a heavier card stock for this.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's what they looked like all finished.

I also wanted to create some festive tags instead of place cards to use on my table. Using some glitter scrap book paper, and the basic templates I created them. Here's what I did;

Photobucket
I used an X-ACTO craft knife to cut out the shapes using the tag shape from it I cut out 6 tags with my knife. I also used the X-ACTO craft mat to cut these shapes out so that I didn't ruin my table.

Photobucket
I used some scrap booking glittery letters to spell out words on my tags. I used words that reflected the Christmas season like Love, Believe, Joy, and Hope.

Here's what they looked like all finished:
Photobucket

Want to see what both these projects ended up looking like on my table? Well, here's a preview:
Photobucket

See more of my shopping experience here in my Google+ album. 

Interested in how you too can win some amazing products from Elmer's? Go visit the link below and see how you can win an entire wall of crafting supplies from Elmer's & X-Acto! 
More links for you to check out!
******
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #ElmersHoliday #gluenglitter #collectivebias #CBias. All opinions and ideas are 100% mine. As always I would not endorse a company professionally that I wouldn't endorse personally. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...