Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 13, 2012

{DIY} Easy Burp Cloths

With nesting in full effect here, I'd love to show you an easy way to spruce up some plain burp cloths. I believe every baby needs a few new things of their own. I really love taking plain onesies and burp cloths and adding a little something extra special to them to make them personal for each child.

Photobucket

To get started I wanted to say this is just a method, you can choose to use any type of fabric or pattern to make them. Dress them up even more if you like by adding ribbon or any other embellishment. Now, let's get started!

I choose to cover some burp cloths that I had that were Ava's. They are plain white Gerber cloth diapers actually. I love these ones because they are nice and thick and you can get 4 to a package. I washed them and pressed them before starting.

Photobucket

First take you fabric of choice and measure how much you need before you cut it. I choose to only cover the middle section of my burp cloth. I measured how much I would need allowing for a half inch seam on each side.

Photobucket

Next I took my iron and pressed a half inch seam on both sides of my piece of fabric. I did all four pieces before moving on.

Photobucket

Next, you'll want to take your straight pins and pin down the fabric to the middle of the burp cloth. I do this so that the fabric doesn't slip while sewing.

Photobucket

Then it's time to sew your fabric down. As you run your burp cloth through the machine remove the pins as you go. Do each length side first and then do the shorter sides after. Repeat till all four are done.

Photobucket

And then you'll be left with some awesome burps ready for your baby! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sharing with: Sundae Scoop, Overflowing with Creativity, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Create & Inspire

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...