Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 24, 2012

miracles & blessings.

I've been thinking a lot lately about miracles and blessings. Some so small they would only matter to me and my family. Some so big that they are impacting others. I'm seeing great and amazing things happen in the lives of people around me that love God with all their hearts and serve him.

It's so easy to serve, tithe and pray when things in life are going amazing. When our kids are all obeying like they should, when our jobs and home lives are spectacular and we couldn't ask for more. But, I know it's been true for my own life that it's been hard to follow and serve Christ when things are falling apart. When you find yourself in valley. When things are going wrong in every area of your life and you're wishing that it would pass soon and you could get a break from the chaos you feel.

I know this to be true because I've felt it in my own life.

Source: etsy.com via Andrea on Pinterest


We've been in a couple valley seasons over the last few years. In impossible situations where we just didn't know where to turn. But we were faithful and we turned to Christ during those times. We still prayed. We cried out to God more than ever. We still obeyed. We still tithed even when there didn't seem like there was much to give.

And God always provided. Financially, spiritually, and emotionally. He poured into us because we drew closer to him. No, it wasn't always easy. Sometimes it was down right hard. Sometimes there was resistance. Where resistance ended faith began. Sometimes a blind faith like I don't know what you're doing here Lord but I know you're doing something so I will be faithful kinda faith.

As we've been faithful we've seen God be faithful to us. Not always in our timing, actually never really in the time we wanted it. And I've come to realize that God's timing is always better than my own and I've grown to be patient and wait on God.



Here's the thing about producing fruit; sometimes it takes time to grow. And the other truth is that it's hard to wait, isn't it?! But, when you do it's so worth the fruit you will bear and God's blessings that will follow. Through this season of life as we've been faithful we've seen miracles and blessings come our way. It's been amazing to see.

I realized that I need to expect more miracles from God. Expect that those people I've been praying for one day they will come to know the Lord. Expect that the situations I've been praying for will be resolved, and know that my prayers are heard. I think sometimes I pray out of habit and routine and God's really challenged me to expect more.



More from HIM.

More from my faith.

More from my obedience and servant hood.

Expect more blessings, more miracles.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Eph 3:20-21



God is ready to do more than we think. He is able to do more than what we ask. We have to ask first though, we have to be obedient first, we have to be willing vessels.

Are you ready to do more, go deeper, have more faith, expect more miracles and blessings from your Heavenly Father who loves you? 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...