Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 15, 2010

The List

A couple months ago while trying to organize Ava's Closet pending her arrival I came across a box of office stuff that hadn't been unpacked for some reason since our move to Arizona last August. I opened the box and the only thing that was worth my time was a stack of about four journals. 

I know I've mentioned on the blog before about my journals. They just might be my most prized material possession. They aren't fancy by any means but what makes them so special to me is that they are yearly chronicles of my life since I was in 5th grade I've been journaling. They are amazing to me to look back on and see where I was, where I've been and dreams that have still yet to come to fruition. 

One that I opened up to that day was a small red leather one, in the back of the last two pages were a set of 10 Year Goals & The List of things that I wanted to accomplish in my lifetime. 
As you can see from the date July 10, 2006 there wasn't a whole lot on my 10 year plan besides, get married, have children and buy a house, etc. Normal goals. This list was written a year before Orion and I got married, before I knew we'd get married. 

At this time in my life I was in a huge transition having moved away from family to start life on my own here in Arizona. I took my first job here out of college, lived by myself and started to figure out who I was without everything that was a comfort to me. 

Most of the time I am inspired but truly scared to try and do new things. But, over time I've realized there's no harm in trying. That it's ok to fail, it's ok if it doesn't work out the way you thought it would. 

But, most of the time it's worth the risk. It's worth being dragged out of your comfort zone. 
When I look at The List of goals I wanted to accomplish in my lifetime, I've done a lot of them. A lot of them have been crossed off and some more have been added since these pages were first written. 

I believe in the power of goals, in the power of putting them out there and believing that they can happen. That you can have everything you've ever dreamed of. It may or may not happen the way you think it's going to happen but it will happen if you believe that it can. 

I believe there's accountability when you write things down, when you say them out loud and share them with your spouse, closest family and friends. 

Since I've crossed off get married, become a mom, buy a house. It's now time to dream again and dream of those things that have still yet to come, things that still are on my heart, and the things that God has called me to do in my life and believe that he's called me to these things for a reason. 

There have been times where I've thought this is "it" this is all I'm going to do in life. There have been times where I've thought I can't try something new I'm too old to take on something new, or it will never work if I do, etc, etc. 

One thing that I've learned is that there will always be a million excuses you can give yourself, and that it's all about priorities. 

Yes, things change. Yes, you change sometimes. And goals, dreams and aspirations change along with you. 

It's about deciding what you want out of life, in these moments, at this place in your life and going for what is most important. 

Go for your dreams. Be inspired. 

And always remember you can add too, and accomplish all that's on The List!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...