Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 13, 2010

Anniversary Week III: Looking Back

Last night Orion and I sat on the couch a looked through old pictures, flipped through photo albums and reminisced about the early days when we first met and started dating. If you don't already know about our story you can read it here

Orion and I met in January of 2005, it's hard to believe that five years have passed since we first met and when on our first date. This picture below was taken in April of 2005, a month before we "officially" began dating. We were at a Twins game with some friends when my friend Sara conveniently snapped this picture of the two of us. I thought she was taking a group picture and found this later on my camera. Our friends were coming up with scenarios on how to get the two of us together, we went on quite a few group outings before our first date. I honestly was pretty oblivious to what was happening, it wasn't until Orion actually asked me on a first date that I realized he might like me. 

This next photo, was taken on our second date, which was actually 24 hours after our first date. :)

Orion had asked me to go out with him on May 13th, 2005 but I'd already RSVP to a friends wedding that day, and I didn't want to back out. So I asked Orion if we could go out the day before, which was a Friday night. Our first date, went so well that I asked him that evening if he'd like to go to the wedding with me as my date. 

No on knew that we'd even went on a date the night before except for a few close friends, so showing up to a friends wedding where there was tons of mutual friends there was like our coming out party so to speak. It was on May 13, 2005 that we actually told people we were "officially" a couple after deciding this the night before on our first date. 
It's so fun to look back, and see how far we've come, where we've been and dream and hope for what the future has for us. 

Looking back at these pictures, I see a girl who didn't know how quickly she'd fall in love with this man. I never dreamt we'd go through so much and experience so much in just a short amount of time. But, I'm so happy and lucky that I've gotten to do all that with Orion by my side!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...