July 5, 2010

Our Iowa Trip

It was a lot of fun to be able to go home and surprise most of my family, my sister had the best reaction out of all of them when I surprised her at work. From there the next 9 days were filled with lots of family time, swimming, and hanging out with friends. 

Being able to go home was just what I needed. I'm so thankful that my Parents flew me home for the week to be with them. Ava met a lot of family for the first time, they all loved her and she loved them!

I was a little nervous about flying for the first time with her, I didn't know what to expect. And at many times I wanted to take to the blog world to seek your advice but I couldn't or else it would have for sure ruined the surprised. 

She did great! I strapped her into the baby Infantino carrier that we had and we trolled through security and through the airport like I was a Kangaroo and she was my Joey! 

She slept through the first flight and woke up on the second just in time for me to feed her. She hardly made a peep, and many of the passengers commented that they didn't even know that there was a baby on board. That made me all sorts of proud that she did so well, and didn't bother anyone. 
Ava swam at Grandma & Grandpa's for the very first time. I got her a little shaded floating ring, and she kicked and squealed the whole time, I think she likes the water. 

It was so fun for me to be able to hang out with my family, go to lunch with my Sisters, Mom and Auntie. There was so schedule, no plans, just us and family doing what we do best loving on each other. 
I hit up some of my favorite eatery places at home, there's a few places you have to eat at that you can't get anywhere else. 

My friend Lisa came from Mason City, IA and met me for the day and I got to meet her sweet baby boy Cooper!

The girls traveled from Minnesota for the weekend to come visit us and meet Ava for the first time. It was my first time as well meeting my friend Jessie's sweet boy Jimmy. 

It was so good to see them, I didn't want them to leave and truth be told I didn't want to leave. It was so hard saying good-bye to my family this time. But, I'm so thankful for the time that we got to spend with them while we were home. 

Ava and I had a great trip. 

When we got to the airport to leave to come back to Arizona, they told me my connecting flight was delayed an hour. That put my lay over with Ava at 4 hours. I didn't know what I was going to do in Denver for 4 hours, the amazing lady at the United Airlines counter found me an earlier flight and put me on the stand by list. 

With no guarantee that I'd make the flight via stand by, I prayed and hoped that I could make it from one gate to the next and get on that flight putting us home at 8:30 pm instead of 12 am! The two flights were so close together that we had to rush getting off one plane to make the connecting one. 

We got to the gate, and I was #1 on the stand by list and I had to wait a bit, but we got on the earlier flight. I fed Ava, and she slept the whole flight home. 

We are happy to be home with Orion again, we sure missed him! 

Ava made the trip so easy, I'm looking forward to flying and traveling with her again really soon. Ok, well not really soon but at least I know what to expect this next time around. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...