Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 20, 2010

Oreo Ice Cream Cake


Hubby made me this cake for my birthday this week, I don't like cake but I love me some ice cream cake so this was right up my alley. Let me tell you, it was and still is amazing. I've been whittling my way through this cake since Monday. 

It's to good not to share!

Here's what you'll need:
1 tub (1.5 quarts) vanilla ice cream 
1 tub (8 oz.) cool whip
1 package oreo cookies

Do this:

Scoop out all your ice cream and cool whip blend together in a mixing bowl. 

Meanwhile, crush up oreo cookies in a bag, use half to line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. 

Add the rest of the cookies to your ice cream/cool whip mixture. Spread mixture into baking dish.

Freeze for 2 hours and serve. 

Done! That simple, all your friends & family will think you're really fancy. 

And if you wanna get real fancy the Hubs & I were thinking you could use the specialty holiday oreos to jazz up this cake. You know like at Christmas they have the red & green ones, or at Halloween they have the orange oreos, it would be really fun and festive! 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...