Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 25, 2010

Weekend Mash Up

This weekend went by super fast, usually I don't have really busy weekends it was surprisingly busy and very fun. This past week on Monday was my birthday, Friday was my friend Jennie's birthday. For the last two years we've been able to celebrate our days together. 

This year Jennie called and surprised me on my birthday telling me she'd gotten us tickets to see Colbie Caillat in concert on her birthday. She's such a selfless and kind friend to me. I was over joyed to get to celebrate together again on our birthdays. 

Friday night, Jennie and Julie made the trip to Phoenix and we headed to the State Fair where the concert was held. Got FREE tickets into the fair from a very nice lady. Such an unexpected blessing!
After the concert we headed to Jennie's fave the Cheesecake Factory for dinner & of coarse cheesecake! It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a night of just girlfriends, laughter and friendship it was very much needed. 

The concert was so fun, it's been so long since I've been to a live concert. Colbie does a great live show, it was fun to see her in person. Her music is so happy, upbeat, hopeful and full of life. She's a pretty awesome dresser too, I was drooling over her boots and easy goin' style by the end of the night. 
We had 7th row center seats! IT.WAS.AWESOME! That's to Dusty and her mad ticket skills! I had a lot of fun with your girlies, thank you for taking me! Jennie, Happy Birthday dear friend! 

BIG, thanks as well to my Hubby for watching Ava and letting me have a night with the girls! I appreciate you so much. 

I love finding free things to do in the community that I can go to, or my family can take advantage of. Saturday, I found a Mommy & Me event that Destination Maternity was holding in Scottsdale. Ava and I went to the event, it was a lot of fun. They had a ton of activities to do, free food, and free goodie bags! You all know how much I love free, especially free goodies! 

Also, while we were there I got to hear a seminar by Scott Cohen author of Eat, Sleep, Poop. It was awesome to hear him speak and his take on "common sense parenting" as he puts it. Check him out here, if you'd like. 

Saturday night, Ava started crawling! And Sunday, she turned 7 months old! (more on those things later) 

How was your weekend????

Happy Monday!!! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...