Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 13, 2010

Stuffed Shells for Dinner

I've been wanting to make this for a while now. I remember having it while at a friend's home once. I couldn't get that exact recipe from my friend so I improvised and made up my own. I admit sometimes I don't follow recipes, and make up my own stuff most of the time. 

But, for the purpose of this I'll try to give you measurements. 

Here's what you'll need:
1 box of jumbo shells (I used Barilla)
1 16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 small package frozen spinach, thawed 
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 can spaghetti sauce (any brand or flavor you wish, if you like more sauce use two, you can see the amount used in the picture.)
2 cans Swanson chicken (I used the can kind, it was easier and handy but you could also used 1 lb. cooked and shredded chicken breast or 1 lb. ground beef)

Start boiling your shells to just under al dente.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

While shells are cooking, mix all of the above ingredients together set aside. When shells have cooked drain them, and run cool water over them till they are cool to the touch. Then fill your shells with the mixture. 

Pour sauce over filled shells. Add more cheese on top if you wish.  Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. 


Take out. 

Plate it up, pair it wish bread and a salad. 

Enjoy! 

(for variations you could also use alfredo sauce instead, or add in chopped onion or garlic)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...