Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 12, 2011

{Ava's 1st Birthday} Ribbon Details Part 2

I've been having so much fun with these little details for Ava's party, I thought I'd share another project I worked on this weekend with ribbon. I really love ribbon, there's so much you can do with it and you get get it pretty cheap. The ribbon I used is the same ribbon I used before from the Dollar Store. 

I've had these Ikea planters for a couple years now, I've used them in the past for parties to house the utensils and napkins. They work great for those types of small things to put on a table. Using the same method as before I measured my ribbon, cut it, and then used double sided tape to ad hear it to the planters. Here's what it looks like now:

Photobucket

Pretty cute, huh? These guys are going to look cute on the food table right next to the bright paper goods. 

Next up, I found these candy scoops at JoAnns they were $5.99 for 4 of them, but I had a coupon so I got them for half off. I found them in the wedding section. I cut a small amount of ribbon and made simple bows and tied them to the handles. They are 4 of them, so I did two in a lighter shade and two in the darker shade of pink. These will go nicely in the candy jars on the candy buffet table. 

Photobucket

Taking on these projects little by little has really helped keep my sanity in all the planning, and things I need to get done. Not to mention because there are so many other things going on around that time, it's really helped me to break it up like this. 

What about you? What helps you best when party planning? Got any tips & tricks to share?

Comment away.........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...