Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 1, 2011

{Tasty Tuesday} Fried Rice

I have made this twice now, and it's quickly becoming a favorite of ours in the Worley House! I know so because my Hubby who really isn't that keen on anything stir fry ish LOVES this, and requested it a couple nights ago for dinner!

I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately, and I've been loving some of the new variety of what we're cookin' up! I'll share a few of my faves here on the blog.

But first back to this dish, I can't take any of the credit I got this recipe from Holly over on her blog. She made this for her family and I thought it sounded good so I gathered my ingredients and gave it a whirl. It's super simple and easy to make, my kind of dinner.

Here's the recipe from her blog: (my notes/additions in red)

Easy Fried Rice



1/2 a rotisserie chicken cut into small pieces (I saved the other half to use later for another recipe)
2 stalks chopped green onions
1/4 cup of Good Seasons Asian Sesame with Ginger Dressing (I couldn't find this so I used Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing, I've use it twice now and it's GOOD)
3 eggs
2 Tbsp cooking oil
4 servings of cooked rice
4 Tbsp soy sauce
Any other frozen veggies you want to add like peas, snow peas, carrots, corn, onion etc... (I just picked up a bag of mixed stir fry veggies from the grocery store)

This recipe is one that you can do for any amount of people. You just increase or reduce the amount of ingredients.
Some time during my day, I cook some rice in my rice cooker. You can use instant rice, just cook with chicken broth instead of water.
Next scramble your egg in 1 Tbsp of oil. Set aside. (I just moved them to the other side of the pan & added the veggies)Then saute veggies in remaining Tbsp of oil until done. Add chicken, rice and egg. Mix through. Add dressing and soy sauce (more or less depending on taste). When all ingredients are heated through you are done.

That's it! Simple and you're done! It's a pretty filling dinner. Let me know if you try this one, I'd love to hear if you like it or not!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...