Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 30, 2010

Design Inspiration & Ideas: Walls

Let's face it, walls can be boring sometimes [all the time] unless you dress them up and make'em pretty. Now, other than transforming your space through paint, which I always love and feel it's a great cost effective way to dress up your blank walls. Here are a few more great ideas & inspiration I found this week; take a look!

Wallpaper: who knew there was such great and fun wallpaper these days? I love the idea of doing one wall with a bold pattern and leaving the other 3 painted.

Plates: I love this idea, and it's perfect for someone who collects vintage plates & platters. A new way to use them. I've seen this idea over headboards in a bedroom too, and Layla @ The Lettered Cottage has some hanging like this in her kitchen.

Magnetic Paint: You've seen the chalkboard paint, now they have magnetic paint & dry erase paint too! You can pick any of these up at your local Home Depot or Lowe's. I like this idea for an office space, and the yellow in this pic is so fresh!

Frame It: This is my all time fave idea from these pictures. Simple frames spray painted black [or any other color for that matter] is chic & simple, I think anyone could do this. Black on pink looks awesome, reminds me of Baby G's nursery! But, I think this would be fab with a blue/white or grey/yellow palette as well.

Chalk It: Last but not least do a whole wall with chalkboard paint, why not! Mrs. B @ She's Star Crossed recently painted her pantry door with chalkboard paint. A great idea for grocery lists, to do lists, or writing messages to your kiddos!

photo credits: thenest.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...