Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 1, 2010

I Resolve To,

It's the first day of 2010, and we're excited! 2009 was a year we label "the one with the most changes" it was a year that at times was very hard, we learned a lot about ourselves, and a lot about where God has us and wants us to be.

There's something renewing and refreshing about a brand new year, each day is a day for new dreams, better decisions and in some small way a starting over.

Orion and I are looking forward to 2010 for so many reasons. Maybe it's because this is the year we'll become parents and we know our lives will never be the same. Or maybe it's because we're in a brand new place doing all sorts of exciting things that come with a new place to live and a new space. Or the fact that this year we'll celebrate 5 years together, and 3 years of being married. Or maybe it's a mixture of all these things that make us excited for the new year ahead, either way we know that this year is going to be a year of exciting change and growth for our own little family.

Orion doesn't make New Year's resolutions. I like to think of them more as goals to aim and shoot for during the year. Last year, I wanted to eat healthier and make better choices for our family in every area. And I'm really happy about the better food choices we made this year, the ways we learned to "go green" in our home and the healthier all around people that we are today. I know these are some lasting changes for us here in the Worley house.

This year, I resolve to:
- Read more and finally read all the books on our bookshelf that I haven't yet.
- Save more
- Take more time and be more intentional about our relationships now that we are so far away from family and friends. I don't want that to be an excuse I want to continue to do the same things I've always done to stay and feel connected to the ones we love.
- Continually find ways to improve myself and look for what God would have for me this year in even the smallest of things.

Here's to a fresh start, a new day, and a new year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...