Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 13, 2010

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies, I'm pretty sure they are a staple in many homes. And I'm pretty sure lots and lots of memories have been made over making a batch of these. I love the dough just as much as I love the cookie itself. 

But, have you ever made one of these and wished they were softer or tasted like the ones you get from the bakery? I have. 

I used to work in a cookie store, and while although I never saw the recipe or knew all the ingredients used I always wondered how they got them so soft. 

Enter a couple days ago while blog reading I came across the secret. Are you ready for this? 

Shortening. 

Yes! Maybe you knew this already, maybe you didn't. But, to me it was like a cookie revelation. 

I had to make a batch. 

So we did.

And they are every bit delicious as the ones I used to make back in high school at the cookie store. 

I'll never make these cookies the same way. 

Now, they aren't healthy by any means what with all the butter, shortening and sugar mixed in. I've been on a baking binge the last couple weeks. It's awful for trying to loose baby weight, but the Hubs doesn't seem to mind. 

You want to make them too?

Ok, ok you twisted my arm. 

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
2 c. flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine flour, baking soda and salt together.
  • In another bowl combine softened butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg.
  • Gradually add in flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Bake 8-10 minutes



Enjoy with a glass of milk! Mmmmmm........

Let me know if you make these and what you think. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...