Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 3, 2010

Visual Decorating

My Husband is always telling me that he needs to "see" my vision when it comes to decorating and re decorating. Sometimes I have a hard time putting what's in my head into words. 

But, thanks to a little blog I read Destiny over at A Place for Us Five had these mood boards, or as I like to call them Visual Decorating boards from Polyvore. Now, I'm sure you've heard of Poyvore before but I hadn't before and today I did and I've been hooked ever since. 

I started to work on some visual decorating boards for our future bedroom & kitchen makeovers. I've been wanting to re decorate both these rooms for sometime now. I've decided that I'll be re doing them once we move into a more permanent place. 

For now, I'm collecting ideas and saving up. Here's my Visual Decorating board for our bedroom makeover:
And, here's some ideas for a kitchen makeover. Currently my kitchen is composed of reds and blacks. My tastes have changed in the last three years since we got married and registered for stuff. I want something bright and cheery. I want to frame some of the food pictures I've taken as the art work. Here's my ideas for the kitchen:

I showed them to Hubby and he loved them, and he loved the idea of the Visual Decorating boards. These are a great jumping off point for us. I can't wait to collect more ideas and add to our ideas.

Check out Polyvore if you haven't already, I promise it's really addicting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...