Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 9, 2011

{DIY} Blog Make Over

You may have noticed a few changes around the blog, and wondered if you were in the right place! Don't worry, you are!

I wanted to update my blog header and change out the pictures. The old ones were a bit out dated and they didn't include Ava and we had to change that. The last time I updated my blog was in December of 2009 the lovely Stephanie of Dirt and Lace did it and she did a wonderful job. I knew I wanted to do a whole new re design but couldn't afford to have someone else to do it for me.

So I set out to put my own skills and HTML know how to work. And a bit of work it was. Deciding what style I wanted was easy then hunting down the images I wanted to use and text was next.

Let's take a look back at the before:


My style has changed, as I have changed. The old blog didn't reflect my style now today, if you walked in my house I don't think it would reflect my home. And that's kinda what I wanted to go for, the blog is an extension of myself just like a home.

Here's what it looks like today:


I am pretty in love with Quatrefoil! I started Googling pattern images till I found one I wanted then uploaded it to Blogger. I had to change my layout a bit till I got the size and style I wanted.

I found all the side bar images and banners online and uploaded them to Picnik to do my editing and adding text. Next I uploaded them to a photo sharing site Photobucket or you could also use Flickr, they automatically will generate an HTML code for you.

Then I tweaked the codes and attached the links I wanted them to link back to.

Then saved them all and added them one by one to the blog. I get going on a project and don't like to stop until it's right and finished. I stayed up like all night Saturday making it just right. I'm not an HTML expert but I am pretty excited and happy with the blog design I came up with. It was completely free, all I needed was a little time.

I think it reflects more of my style and personality. Just what I wanted!

What do you guys think of the new Worley House?!! I gave my photography website and the Ava's Closet blog mini facelifts too. You can check them out here and here.

Linking this Project Up with these Ladies:





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...