Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 13, 2011

Easter & Mother's Day {2011}

These two holidays seemed to run together for me this year. I was just telling Orion the other day how fast I feel like time is going by! I can't believe it's May already, but on the other hand I am so looking forward to this summer and all we've got planned.

Let's start with Easter, shall we.

Easter weekend we'd planned to go up North to visit friends. But like a told you a couple weeks ago our car had other plans, so we didn't make the trip after all. I was bummed, we'd been planning it forever and I was looking forward to it. I was still determined to have a great Easter weekend. Saturday night before we took Ava to Urgent Care, she hadn't been feeling good all day, and I thought she had pink eye. Sure enough we walked out of Urgent Care with a diagnosis of pink eye and a script.

Sunday she was feeling ok, after taking the meds. We decided to go to church and "see how it goes." By lunch time she was done for, and we went home so she could get some rest. Here she is in her Sunday Easter best:

Photobucket

Photobucket
some cute bunny ears my Mom got her.

This was Ava's second Easter. This year obviously she was way more into the basket. She went straight for the Puffs and didn't care about anything else in it.

Photobucket
thank you Target dollar section for making her Easter basket dreams come true.

She was feeling a little better after a nap, so we played a little bit.
Photobucket

And we relaxed. She was pretty sick that weekend so we cuddled a lot! Which is always ok with this Momma!
Photobucket

Next up, Mother's Day:

Orion and Ava made me breakfast in bed. And then I heard Orion come in the bedroom and he was telling Ava "give the card to Mommy." I looked up just in time to see her throw it on the floor and she walked out of the room down the hallway. It was pretty cute. Orion went and got her and she sat with me on the bed while I ate. The card they gave me was musical and she had fun opening it and closing it letting the music play.
Photobucket
Ava's cute dress is from Rhonda Designs. I won it a couple weeks ago from a blog giveaway. I love winning cute stuff for her.

Photobucket

She's really into "reading" these days. She frequently will grab a bunch of books and plop down and open them, and close them and move onto the next one. We spent the rest of the day by the pool.

Photobucket

It was so nice to sit and relax. Later we headed out to Desert Ridge and window shopped and I went to JoAnns to get some stuff for a project.

Hubby made my Mother's Day awesome and let me buy $1.29 worth of felt! He let it slide since we'd already decided not to get gifts. He's so great like that!

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...