Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 16, 2011

{DIY} Summer Time Rosette Wreath

My front door was looking pretty scary these days considering that I've had the same wreath up since Christmas! {don't judge me!} I figured it was high time to take care of that, so I did.

I bought a straw wreath at the Dollar Store. Side note: the Dollar Store has some amazing stuff for your crafting needs!

First I primed the wreath with a quick spray of Kilz primer just 1 coat. The I did about 3 coats of Krylon's Blue Ocean Breeze. While it was drying I started making the rosettes from felt.

Photobucket

I bought 4 different colors of felt from JoAnns for .39 each. This was the most time consuming process, but I watched an episode of Body of Proof and it helped the time go by fast!

Photobucket

I cut two small squares, and left one larger one. Then I rounded the corners by cutting off the excess. And then cut circles in the felt till they made a ring out of the whole felt square. See in the picture above. I repeated this process with every color. You will end up with two smaller rosettes and one large one.

Once they were all cut, I rolled the centers and hot glued it in place. Then wrapped and glued as I went along the edge to make a rosette.

Photobucket

I repeated this till all the rosettes were made using all the colors of felt. Then I started gluing them to the wreath. I glued all the larger ones first and filled in with the smaller ones. The rosettes are enough to cover only one section of the wreath. If you want to do this all over you'll never 4 times the amount in various sizes. Here's what it will look like as you start gluing:

Photobucket

Here's a fab before and after:

Photobucket

It's so fun, bright and cheery! Just what the front door needed for summer. It brings a smile to my face every time I come home! Let's take a look at it again in all its glory!

Photobucket


Linking Up with these Ladies:


Photobucket




The DIY Show Off







My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia





Tuesday To Do Party


The Lettered Cottage



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...