Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 12, 2011

Iowa Visit {Spring 2011}

We visited Iowa back in February when we flew home to interview for a church. It was such a blessing that while we were there interviewing they let us sneak some time away to visit our family. We hadn't seen them since before Christmas and my heart was aching to be near them, laugh with them, and share some every day life with them.

To my surprise there wasn't an ounce of snow left in Iowa. I was looking forward to Ava playing in it and taking some cute photos. Please note, she still has yet to discover snow. But, I won't complain because we Worleys will take sun over snow any day.

Photobucket
my mom with Ava. And I love this picture with all my "sisters." one by blood and the others by marriage. I am lucky.

Photobucket
my precious nieces. they are so beautiful and wonderful. and they love Ava to death.

I struggle so much with living so far from home now that Ava is in our world. Before when I was a single girl it didn't bother me. When Orion and I were first married and living in Minnesota I knew there would come a day when we wouldn't be just a drive away. I miss being near them. I miss being able to come over to their houses whenever I want. But when we are home, it's the most amazing feeling to be around the people who we love and love us too. We cram as much in as we can, see as many people and soak up all the goodness that is family.

Photobucket
my brother and his wife they love Ava so much! I am so thankful for them.

Photobucket
they threw a little birthday party for Ava while we were home.

Photobucket
And a few hours later we threw a engagement party for my brother and his fiance' Jordan.

And one of the biggest blessings about being home was that my sweet friend Jessie and her little boy Jimmy made the trip to Iowa to visit with us. I miss her so much, and it was so good to see her. I can't wait to go stay with her in June when I make a trip back to Minnesota.

Photobucket
Ava and Jimmy will be married one day. We're crossing our fingers for an arranged marriage!

My Aunt & Uncle, they are so awesome! I just love them. Let me tell you a story, when Orion and I got married they gave us the same champagne glasses they drank out of from their wedding. She wrapped them up and included a note that looked exactly like the paper from the person who gave them to them for their wedding. They passed them onto us. It was such a beautiful gesture and I loved having that little piece of them on our big day! They have such a legacy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My sister in law Jessie, and my future sister in law Jordan. Aren't they adorable! I just love them both. I'm so lucky and blessed that my brothers chose amazing ladies to marry!

I'm looking forward to seeing family again this summer when we travel to Oregon for our family reunion.



Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...