Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 10, 2010

{DIY} Chrome Stocking Holder

Here's a quick little project I whipped up for our Christmas mantle this year. I bought these stocking holders on clearance last year after Christmas. I searched all over to find the matching snowflake ones like Orion and I have but since I bought them 3 years ago it was hard finding a match. So I found these at Wal-Mart last year for $2 for a package of two. They were brass, and ugly. But that's nothing a little can of spray paint and one determined Mama can't fix! 

So here's what they looked like right out of the box:

I picked up a can of Chrome silver spray paint at Joann's (I used a 50% off coupon), I really LOVE this stuff and just am itching to find something else I can spray paint with this stuff. It's awesome! 
Next, I laid down some newspaper and did a couple quick coats, and let it dry completely before adding a few more coats and then let it all dry overnight just to be sure. Here's what they looked like mid process, all shiny and looking awesome! 
And now here's the after, all hung up on the mantle. Doesn't that look awesome?!! Now, they match and go together with Orion and I's silver snowflake ones too! 
Anyone else love spray paint as much as I do?!! What have you spray painted lately? 

Be Creative Challenge
Week #49

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...