Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 26, 2010

What's for Dinner: Santa Fe Soup

I found this recipe last week on Julie's blog, we like soup here, we like spicy things too so this was perfect for us. 

I made it. 

We tried it. 

We loved it.

It's now on the dinner rotation, nuff said! 

Wanna make some too?

Here you go; this is from Julie's blog (I'll make my notes of what I did)


Santa Fe Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef/ turkey/ whatevs/ browned and drained
1 can kidney beans
2 cans Ro-tel 
(I did 1 hot, and 1 mild it was spicy use mild if you don't like spicy)
1 can stewed Mexican style tomatoes
1 can corn (drained)
2 Tbs. taco seasoning
16 0z. Velveeta cubed 
(yeah it's gross but Julie said it wouldn't work with out it, I tried it..she was right!)

Put it in your crock pot. (on high setting)
Stir together, cook for 3 hours.
Stir half way through.
Done.



 I added a can of black beans to mine
and
1 yellow onion


Crock pots are good, and so easy for dinner.

Topped it with sour cream. 
Devoured it, it was good.
YUM!


edited to add: drain both the corn & kidney beans. everything else will be good.
Ro-tel is a mixture of tomatoes, green chilis, and other good stuff you can find it in
the canned tomatoes aisle in the grocery store. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...