Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 19, 2010

{DIY} Coffee Filter Wreath

I've been thinking and dreaming about what I would fill the space above our mantle with for the holiday season. I threw around a few ideas, but when I saw Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's wreath tutorial this past week, I knew I wanted to try it out and see if it would work for our mantle. 

There was a few tutorials I found in blog land, but here's what I decided to do: 

Here's what you'll need: 
Don't forget your 40% off coupons to Michael's or JoAnns
wreath form ( I went with these green ones in 2 different sizes. 2 small and 1 large) 
glue gun
coffee filters ( I used the small 4 cup ones)
ribbon


 Fold your filters in half
 And then in half again, it will look like this:
 Make yourself a whole bunch of them, while you watch an episode of Gray's Anatomy. 
 Then take your glue gun and start gluing down your filters to the wreath. I choose to do mine over laying on one another. 
 Keep going like this until your entire wreath is covered. 
When you're done hang by ribbon.

 Then they will look like this:
 Here's a close up:
 Our pretty mantle area:

What do you think? Are you totally ready to make your own coffee filter wreath? I think once Christmas is over I'm going to hang them on the out side of Ava's french doors that lead to her bed room cause I like'em so much. 

I love decor that you can re use over and over in your home.

Be Creative Challenge
Week #51

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...