Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 15, 2009

A Family Weekend!

It's 10 PM on Sunday evening, and I am pooped! I'm seriously so tired, but I wanted to share with you about our AMAZING weekend away with the family. Friday morning, Hubby and I headed down to Eastern Iowa for a weekend at Backbone State Park. My family had rented a cabin for all of us to stay in for the weekend, and when I say all of us... I mean everyone! Let me break this down for those of you that don't know, there are 7 kids in my family, plus 2 spouses, plus 2 fiances, 3 grand kids, and My parents! That's a lot of people! I have 2 brothers who are recently engaged, so it was awesome to catch up and hear all about it!

Anyway, we all stayed in this glorious cabin that my parents rented for the weekend.
Friday, we got there about 1 PM, and just chilled before the guys headed off for fishing, and the ladies stayed back and chatted. We made dinner together, and then had a HUGE bon fire with smores!

Saturday, we got up early had breakfast (you don't sleep in) on family outings! Saturday afternoon we all went canoeing down the river together, and then later that evening we had a fish fry, and another bon fire! Came back and some of them played an arousing game of Farmopoly, yes that is correct!


Sunday, yet again an early rise! We had to be out of the cabin by 11 am! We packed up our stuff, cleaned and got out of there. Then we headed off to go hiking.... 5 hours later we made it. If someone would have told me that we were going on a 3 hour hike I probably would have backed out, so maybe it's a good thing. It was long, it was icy, it was tiring, and it was wet. By the time we arrived at our destination for lunch we were all muddy, and wet. But, I must say Bentley loved every minute of it.
It was a fun weekend, the weather was perfect! Orion and I kept saying that this was one of the funnest weekends we've spent with my family. Everything about it was just so great!

PS- I will be making my 7th trip down the aisle as a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding on 7.10.2010! Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...