Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 15, 2010

Miss South Central 2010

Yesterday night, I was wishing I was in Waseca, MN for the Miss South Central Pageant. I wanted in anticipation to get a text from a friend announcing the winners that evening. My friend Elizabeth was competing for the title of Miss South Central. It was a little over a year ago I was persuading her to run in Miss Twin Cities, she did. And she did really amazing for her first pageant. 

I've had the honor and privilege of knowing Elizabeth since she was sixteen years old. We met when I was a youth leader at a local church in Minneapolis. She was in the youth group, in my girls discipleship group, we went on a missions trip together, and through the years I've not only had the chance to mentor such an amazing young lady, but also she's become my dearest of friends. 
I couldn't feel more proud to hear her name be announced as the winner of Miss South Central 2010. She's an amazingly talented young women, with passions, dreams and convictions. She is a person who lights up a room, is so friendly and personable, and loves people. 

I feel so proud to have been part influence in this title. SO proud to call her friend, and get to share in this exciting journey. Words can't express enough great things about this girl, and the amazing family she's got behind her. 

Elizabeth, 
As you take the next steps in this amazing year ahead of you I know that it's going to be a year of changes and growth. You're going to have so many great experiences along the way. I just can't wait for others to get to see the amazing lady I already know. Your passion and drive with your platform is inspiring. I know that you're going to WOW everyone! Take all this in. Let it change you for the better. Let it be a learning experience. I love you so much, and I can't wait to hear about everything you do. With all my heart, I'm so proud of you and honored to be in your life.
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...