Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 17, 2010

Sweet Summertime: Nearing the End

I'm sad to see summer come to an end, it means our students go back to school, people get back into the groove of life with kids and work. I feel like the last few months have truly flown by. We still have a few more things going on before Fall truly hits. 

This weekend we'll be going to a wedding. I love weddings, especially when they involve people I love. I'm looking forward to celebrating with my friend Jennie as she gets married this weekend. I'm also looking forward to seeing some people that I haven't seen for a few months. 

Hopefully we'll be going on a family vacation in these next few months, since we haven't taken anytime to vacation together yet this summer. But, when you live where we live everyday kinda feels like vacation. Take a look:

Ava is seriously growing & changing daily. It's exciting, but so sad. I want her to stay this small forever. But at the same time I'm excited for every new milestone. 

We still haven't tried rice cereal yet. Every time I think about it the evening gets away from me. I want Orion to be here to see her try it for the first time, he works late and then by the time he gets home it's time for him to play with her a bit before getting her ready for bed. It's not the end of the world, we'll get there. 

Her favorite toy is her play gym. That thing is an amazing thing to have, as far as I'm concerned. Keeps her going for a while before she gets bored. And allows me to get things done like laundry, dishes, devos and blog posts! 

Her naps are also quite amazing too! Sunday, night she slept for 13+ hours, and took two naps during the day Monday. Last night again she slept for 12 hours before I woke her up. Right now she's sleeping as I write this. 

I don't know if it's ok for a baby to sleep that long or not. (Moms what do you think?) 
As we enjoy these last few days of summer, there are a few things that I'm really looking forward to on the horizon. 

Coming up this Fall; Youth Convention with our students, Our Birthdays, Ava will soon be six months old, and our first Holidays with her. 

Happy Summer Everyone! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...