Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 4, 2011

Ava: 9 Months

Ava is already 9 months old, it seems a little crazy that it's gone by this fast. I can't believe in just a few short months we'll be celebrating her first birthday. But, for now I want to remember this month and how she's grown and changed. We went to the doctor last week and I'm so happy to hear that while although still a peanut she's gaining weight and growing. Right now she weighs 16 pounds, 10th percentile for weight. And she's 26 1/4 inches long 25th percentile for height.

She's still eating every 2 hours, 4-6 oz. of formula each time. She sleeps through the night and takes two naps a day still.

As each month goes by I see more and more of her personality coming through. This last month I feel like she's laughed more than ever. Spontaneously too. Like she's laughing at herself, or maybe us. :)

Ava turned 9 months on Christmas Eve, it was so much fun to celebrate Christmas with her around this year. She just makes everything better and fun! It's fun having a baby in the house this year for holidays.

Ava is getting more and more mobile, she's zipping across the floor crawling like crazy. She's pulling herself up on whatever she can get her hands on. We've really had to baby proof.

In the last week, I also taught her clapping and waving. Both are pretty cute to watch her do. She seems to love music and bounces and claps whenever she hears sounds or music.
We've started feeding her small bites of our food and seeing how she does. Otherwise she's getting oatmeal in the mornings, and baby food during the day/ evening.

She loves to splash in her bath water while taking a bath at night. One of the other special things I've enjoyed is seeing how Bentley and her interact. From day one he's been great with her, I was concerned when I was pregnant how our dog Bentley would take to her but from the first moment he saw her he's been great. Now, they play together. Ava tried to get him, he runs away. He snuggles close to her when we're sitting on the couch. While she's in her excersaucer and if I turn away he runs over to her and stands in front of her like he's guarding her or something. He also enjoys when she drops food. :)

My family was able to come visit us for New Year's, they haven't seen Ava since she was three months old. It's been 6 months since they have gotten to see her and interact with her. We loved having them here, she loves them and it was so fun watching my little brothers interact with her. I've only ever seen them with my Sister's kids, so it was really cute seeing them as Uncles to my child. The family loved her and spoiled her like crazy and Orion and I are so thankful and feel really blessed to have had them here with us for the last couple days of 2010.

Next up on the list, getting her 9 Months pictures taken. I've got some new ideas I can't wait to try and see how they turn out. We're also going to be getting family pictures taken. Real ones, where I don't have to fight with a tripod or self timer, and I can actually focus on being with my family instead of taking the picture. I can't wait to have them for our memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...