Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 24, 2011

Starting A New Year

I can't believe that this month is almost already over, where did January go? We've had a busy, busy month here at the Worley House. I don't mind it, I actually like to stay busy but I wish time wasn't going by so fast. Here's little bit about how we've spent the last month;

Photobucket

My Mom, Brothers and Sister in Law came to spend New Years with us here in Arizona. It was awesome to have them all here, we packed them into our 950 square foot apartment and it wasn't as bad or nearly as crammed as I expected it to be. We all were troopers and made the space work for us. We had a lot of fun having them here, to enjoy this holiday with us. We miss our family a lot so it was good to have them here.

Photobucket

Orion and my brothers spent New Years Day at the Fiesta Bowl watching the Oklahoma Sooners win. Remember Orion saying "this is his Miss America" well it pretty much is just like that. I'm glad he was able to make it to a game, and that my brothers could go along with and they all could spend some time together. 

Photobucket

Right after my family left, she came to visit! You've heard me talk about Elizabeth before here, here, , here and here. She needs no introduction. She came to visit us for 4 days, I'm so glad that she got the chance to meet Ava and spend some time with her. We had a great weekend watching Miss America, going to the Farmer's Market, did some shopping, hanging out and laughing a lot! She's competing at Miss Minnesota this summer I'm so very proud of her, and graduates this Spring from college, someday she's going to be my live in nanny and teach Ava. Someday.

With all these visitors and exciting things the month has flown by us!

Ava turns 10 months old, today! Crazy how fast time is flying by. I kinda want to freeze time just a little bit, she's growing to fast. I'm planning and finishing up things for her first birthday party in March. I can't wait to celebrate this day!

On an even more personal note, the church that Orion and I moved to Arizona for to take a position at has closed its doors, our last service was yesterday. Now, obviously churches don't just close for no reason, and this has not happened over night, it was a shock to us but we are not surprised on some aspects (if that makes any sense) anyway without going into the nitty gritty we are facing some decisions, I ask if you think about it to pray with us and for us about what's next for us. There are a lot of things up in the air, and we have a lot to pray about. But, we know that God has a plan for us, we are no stranger to change or transition. But, really in my heart I didn't foresee any of these events taking place when we moved here almost two years ago, but God knew. I would really like to be settled and have our family plant some roots and have a place be "home." But as much as I would like that I am realizing that where ever we are together that is home, and as long as we're doing what God wants us to be doing we have a peace.

So, as we look forward to the next few months we're optimistic and praying about what is next. We're going to enjoy our daughter turning ONE and having family here once again!

How has the first month of a brand new year been for YOU?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...