Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 3, 2011

New Year; New Goals

There's something about a new year that makes you want to dust off last year, make a fresh start and look forward to the horizon that is ahead. A chance to make a change, a chance to do better. A chance to have a better outlook and perspective. A chance to make whatever is wrong right. A new day. A new you. A brand new year. 

Whatever it is, whatever your reason here it is; 2011. 

Are you ready? 

Do you have new goals? New things you want to take on? Challenges you want to tackle? A new story you want to write for yourself? Your family? 

I have a lot of goals, a lot of things on my 'list' that I want to get to this year. But in all my evaluation, pondering and thinking I came up with 4 goals that really encompass them all and sum up what I want to accomplish this year. 

1.) Spend more time as a family. 
2010 brought so many changes and a lot of sacrifice of our time with each other as a family. This year I want to re connect and make our family more of a priority. There will always be "stuff" and there will always be something or someone who wants a piece of your time. I know that it'll take intention on both our parts to get our family on track to where we need to be. 
2.) Get rid of 100 things.
Toward the end of 2009, I started thinking about those times when we were first married living in a 1 bedroom apartment we were just starting out and didn't have a lot. I realized that then we had a lot less and were perfectly ok. This year I want to get rid of 100 things that we don't need, wear or use in an effort to purge the junk and excess stuff in our lives. 
3.) Read 12 books in 12 months. 
My 12 in 12 Challenge this year is one thing that I'm really excited about. I love reading and learning, and haven't always made it a priority. This year I want to challenge myself but also make it an attainable goal. 
4.) Lose the last 10 lbs. of baby weight. 
This is pretty self explanatory. Ava is 9 months old now, and the first few pounds came off pretty easy, but it's these last 10 that are just killing me. I refuse to buy anymore clothing till it's gone....for now I just buy shoes they always fit! Just kidding...but no really I LOVE shoes. Anyway, I bound and determined to lose these last ten and feel a lot better about myself and the way I look. 

Ok, now it's your turn. What are you up to this year? What's on your list of resolutions/goals for the year. Is there one thing you want to conquer that you haven't yet, and 2011 is the year to do so?

I wanna hear about it. Leave me a comment with your blog link so I can read all about your New Year; New Goals. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...